I downloaded standard but I have RPP deductions so I need another T1, probably a General T1? I also completed the standard so can I transfer the data to a General T1?

I purchased the "standard" by accident and entered the data.  I then realized I could not enter my "past service pension plan" carry forward" (RPP).  Do I have to buy another form from you and if so how?  Also can I transfer the data I entered on the standard to the new form? 

Answer

Your Past Service Pension Plan contributions and carry forwards can be entered in the RRSP Profile section of the Standard TurboTax Download by following these steps:

Go to 1. RRSP's > 2. RRSP Profile > 3. Check the box next to "Claim for undeducted contributions made to a Registered Pension Plan (RPP) or have contributions for past services.

You can then continue through and complete your entries. 

Note that CRA has special rules in place in regards to Carry Forwards of RPP Past Service Contributions and suggest you contact them or consult Guide T4040, found in the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

Also, if you do decide you wish to upgrade to a different version of TurboTax, you can do so without having to reenter your information or transfer your return. Here's how to do so:

To upgrade your TurboTax, you need to choose a product that you want to upgrade to and pay for the upgrade.

Before you begin: Ensure that you are connected to the Internet.

Steps to upgrade TurboTax

1. Open TurboTax.
  2. From the Help menu, choose Upgrade.
  3. A page appears inside TurboTax with the section titled Getting More From TurboTax.

4. Under Getting More From TurboTax, choose Upgrade my version of TurboTax.
  5. A page appears containing a description of all the TurboTax products available for upgrade.

6. After you decide which TurboTax product you want to upgrade to, choose the Switch Now button that appears next to your chosen product.
  7. A new window opens containing the Your Shopping Cart page.

8. On the Your Shopping Cart page, in the Calculate taxes drop-down lists, check if the country and province selected by default are correct for your purposes. If not, do the following:
    1. From the drop-down lists, select your country and province.
    2. Choose Update Cart.

9. Choose Checkout.
  10. The Checkout page appears.

11. On the Checkout page, for the Customer Info and Payment Info stages of the checkout process, enter your information in the required fields and follow the instructions on the screen.
  12. On the Review Order stage of the checkout process, carefully review the information on the screen and if the displayed information is accurate, choose Place Order.
  13. After your order is processed, the confirmation page for your order, titled Thank you for your purchase, appears. Also, a TurboTax dialogue box appears which asks you to close and restart TurboTax for the upgrade to take effect.

14. On the TurboTax dialogue box, choose OK.
  15. Print the confirmation page or save the information, especially the installation key, for future reference.
  16. Close the confirmation page and then close TurboTax.
  17. Reopen TurboTax and follow the instructions on the screen to activate TurboTax.
  18. After successful activation, the upgraded TurboTax product appears.

To confirm that the upgrade was successful, look at the title bar at the top-left corner of your TurboTax window. The title identifies the name of the TurboTax product to which you upgraded.

HOW14565
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L16D3hJ01_CA_en_CA

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Original

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to TurboTax AnswerXchange for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Do you still have a question?

Ask your question to the community. Most questions get a response in about a day.

Post your question to the community