Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter T2200 information?

I don't know where to enter my T2200 information (section 9 only)
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

T2200 is filled out by your employer. Section 9 is what they are allowing to claim based on the type of work you have done for them.  This is for salaried employees that get to claim expenses based on the employer's allowance.

Follow these steps:

ONLINE VERSION –Profile - Income & work related expenses

Did you have expenses related to your employment? – YES

I had employment expenses – CHECK

Note: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires that your employer complete and sign Form T2200 in order for you to be eligible to claim most employment expenses. You do not have to submit this form with your return; however, keep it in case CRA asks to see it.

The T777 is found under the Income tab - Employment Expenses.

For others with Self-Employment income you would use the T2125

Found under the Income tab - Self-Employment.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I work from home most of the time, where do i find section 9?

If you are using TurboTax Online, use the find button to search & select "Employment Expenses". On the Employment Expenses Profile screen, select which employment expenses you incurred. As you continue through that section of your return, the proper screens for recording your home office expenses will appear.

T2200 is filled out by your employer. Section 9 is what they are allowing to claim based on the type of work you have done for them.  This is for salaried employees that get to claim expenses based on the employer's allowance.

Follow these steps:

ONLINE VERSION –Profile - Income & work related expenses

Did you have expenses related to your employment? – YES

I had employment expenses – CHECK

Note: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires that your employer complete and sign Form T2200 in order for you to be eligible to claim most employment expenses. You do not have to submit this form with your return; however, keep it in case CRA asks to see it.

The T777 is found under the Income tab - Employment Expenses.

For others with Self-Employment income you would use the T2125

Found under the Income tab - Self-Employment.

thashyana

i don't see that option in 2022 version, should i wait for an updation?

@thashyana 

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, you can get instructions on how to claim employment expenses on this FAQ: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1851333

If you are using TurboTax Online, to enter employment expenses, use the “Find” tool (magnifying glass) to search for “emp”. Select “Employment Expenses” from the list and then click the “Go” button.