Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I unsubscribe from the Intuit.com turbotax? I have a Canadian account but I'm receiving emails for IRS returns??

I have used the Turbo Tax Home and Business CD/Download (Canadian version) for a number of years. I want to use the online version called 'self employed' and was told it was compatible. I've started the online version and have most of my carry-forward information uploaded.

My problem is I an receiving emails from the US Intuit company. How do I get off their email site? 

3 Replies

How do I unsubscribe from the Intuit.com turbotax? I have a Canadian account but I'm receiving emails for IRS returns??

By law, all promotional email to Canadians must have an unsubscribe link at the bottom. Clicking the unsubscribe link should remove you from the US mailing list without affecting your Canadian TurboTax email preferences.

It can take 2-3 days for preferences to take effect. If after this time you receive another US email, reach out and let us know and we can escalate to our US partners on your behalf.

I have the same problem with getting USA intuit.com marketing emails instead of intuit.ca.  I get bombarded with emails about IRS, W2 forms, 401k, etc which are not relevant to Canadian customers.  I get the Canadian intuit.ca marketing stuff too, but that's okay - it is more relevant.

I will unsubscribe to the US intuit.com marketing email list too,  but this problem shouldn't be occurring in the first place.

I suspect the problem is that registrations from Canadian customers are leaking into the US intuit marketing database somehow  - perhaps through the online store: [email address removed].
I have several Intuit products:

- TurboTax Home and Business - Canadian edition

- QuickBooks Online Essentials - Canadian subscription 

- TSheets timesheet tracking

- QuickBooks Self Employed - Canadian subscription (now expired).

If two people have already taken the time to mention the issue in this Intuit community forum, chances are that the problem is more widespread - just other people haven't mentioned it yet.

Gord Finlay

Unfortunately, we can only advise you to unsubscribe from the USA intuit.com marketing emails.

If you wish to discuss this with someone from our support team, please enter your information on

the form supplied here, which will then lead you to a telephone number to speak to a representative.