Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
al-asad

Does Turbo tax have an online form for filing Canadian non-resident taxes?

6 Replies

You can use the TurboTax online software to file your non-resident tax return, absolutely. 

You simply file yourself as a non-resident 

Please Note that because you are a non-resident, you will not be able to Netfile your return, once it is completed you can print it and mail it to the CRA. 
cammy135

I called yesterday and asked your Turbo Tax customer service if you had a program that I could use to do my taxes as a Canadian non-resident. I was told I could. I tried using the software as a Canadian non-resident. It does not work because of several reasons. Unless I missed something this is waht I encountered. 1)There is no place to put my actual address, the questions about my spouse do not reflect our situation as my husband is American and we do not live in Canada. I persisted with the system until I got to the drop down choices for my income. 2)There is no category for the NR forms! I couldn't force it either, so it was a complete waste of time unfortunately.

Hi,

Is there any option to send the tax return electronically for non-residents now the coronavirus makes it hard for printing and sending the tax return by mail?

Best regards,

@efernandez

Unfortunately, at this time the Canada Revenue Agency does not allow any other option for non-residents, but to print and mail their return.

Hello,

I started to file my tax as a non-reseidnet. I have a rental propoerty that I paid taxes on a monthly basis and have a NR4 slip but can't find any place to enter that. Where should I go to enter NR4 data?

Thanks.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

There is no actual NR4 slip form in the T1 General, so you will not find a page in TurboTax to fill the information > you will have to add it under a slip that is recognized depending on the source of income:

• If the income is from Old age security > enter the information under the T4A(OAS) slip
  • If the income is from an investment T5/NR4 slip > enter the information under the T5 box 15 and 16 slips 
  • If it is an interest income > enter the income under the Interest and Investment profile
  • If the income is from a T4A/NR4 slip > enter the information under the T4A slip

Your rental income should be reported under the Rental Income Profile > search for Rental Property in the Find engine on the top bar

I hope this was helpful