Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patbro22

Have input donations I want to claim this year, with tax payable. When I attempt to override and claim the full amount, credit does not show up in tax summary.

-Using TurboTax online Premier

-I have federal tax owing, so it is not a matter of the credit not being applicable

-Optimizer seems to force donation to carry-forward, when I want to apply it in current tax year

5 Replies

Have input donations I want to claim this year, with tax payable. When I attempt to override and claim the full amount, credit does not show up in tax summary.

We have applied an update to TurboTax Online that should resolve the donations issue. Please go back to the donations section of the TurboTax Interview and verify the information is entered correctly. You can do this by selecting Deductions > Payments Profile > Donations Profile on the left side menu and continuing to the Maximizing Your Donations page.

june1

I want to claim my Donations THIS year, not put forward to other years.

Please contact our customer service for assistance, as they can view your screen- https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707

I followed these instructions for my 2023 taxes, and although I paid for both federal and provincial political partr donations, and charitable donations, nothing shows up in the deduction summary.

Did you add the amount of donations for your federal and provincial political parties? You can do so by clicking on "Find" and type in political- GO and you will see the page where you will enter these amounts and click on Continue until you get to the summary page.

If this isn't working for you, please contact our phone support team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.