Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I repaid Canada Life for an overpayment disability

I have the letter from Canada life  as follows:

"In 2023 you repaid Canada life for an overpayment of disability benefits. The amount you repaid is greater than amount of benefits issued by Canada Life during 2023. This means that you can claim a reduction of $12,826.68 in your taxable income and pay less income tax.

The amount $xxxx should be entered on line 22900( Employment Expenses) in the Repayment of Wages" section of your 2023 Income tax form This letter should be included with your tax return."

Question is which box on intuit turbo tax Canada I should use to put this information and claim it to pay less taxes.

14 Replies

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

On-line version.

Did you also receive an information slip with this amount in one of the boxes? Which slip did you receive with the information of the disability income?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I received T4A slip and there is only one box  022 filled ($ 59.42) all other boxes are empty and a letter in the same envelope stating what I mentioned above  to enter  the amount of $12,826.68 on line 22900

Can you please verify the letter you received to see if there is a T2200 written on the top or you can go into your My CRA Account to verify. 

No T2200 just a regular letter saying "This is for tax filing purposes" and to include the letter  I can scanned the letter and hide the confidential info if that will help.

photos.jpg

I also checked CRA my account and I don't have any T2200

Okay, thanks. We will get back to you asap.