Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a breast augmentation revision for capsular contracture and rupture, is this deductible? Initial surgery was in 2004, complications arose I paid $9800 to fix this.

15 Replies

Had a breast augmentation revision for capsular contracture and rupture, is this deductible? Initial surgery was in 2004, complications arose I paid $9800 to fix this.

Yes, you are able to claim these expenses as medical expenses.  Keep in mind that medical expenses must be claimed in a 12 month period.  You can go back as far as 10 calendar years to file an adjustment for medical expenses that you have not claimed.  Please see the following link for instructions on how to submit an adjustment request, https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-amendment/help/i-have-filed-my-tax-return-....

Thank you, the surgery to fix this was done in 2018 and paid with a loan. What do I need to submit this claim? Thanks again 

You will need to submit an adjustment request for the 2018 tax year.  Please see this great FAQ for instructions on how to submit the adjustment request, https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-amendment/help/i-have-filed-my-tax-return-....

Thanks so much, I was able to login to my account with revenue Canada but was unsure of what to put in line 330 and 452? Do I put the total amount of $9700 in line 330? and 452 I leave blank? 

Yes, you will enter the full amount on line 330 only. Once CRA recalculates your return they will send you a new notice of assessment with the new amounts.

Yes, you would enter the full amount on line 330.

Great thank you so much! And I'd leave the line 452 blank? 

Yes, that is correct!

Yes, that is correct!