Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corbin-ja

In the Provincial tax profile there is a box updated tax changes for 2022 Ontario staycation tax credit. How do I apply for the refundable staycation tax credit?

I have gone through the steps several times and do not get the chance to input the amounts for my stay.
4 Replies

In the Provincial tax profile there is a box updated tax changes for 2022 Ontario staycation tax credit. How do I apply for the refundable staycation tax credit?

Unfortunately, the Ontario Staycation credit is not finalized at the Canada Revenue Agency yet. An adjustment will need to be done at a later date if you file before it is ready. 

Note: Printing or filing of your return is not available till February 21. Once Netfile and printing is available, the credit will be available in the return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Please be advised that the Ontario Staycation credit is now available in TurboTax Online. To apply for the credit, you can select Provincial, then Provincial Tax Credit Profile.

harper1959
Returning Member

can you lump sum your entries for the staycation tax credit? I have more camping receipts to enter, but, there are not enough lines!!

Yes, you can. As per the Ontario link: Ontario Staycation Tax Credit

As long as all other conditions are met, you can claim any of the following expenses:

• accommodation for a single trip or multiple trips, up to the maximum expense limit of $1,000 as an individual or $2,000 as a family
  • accommodations booked either directly with the accommodation provider or through an online accommodation platform
  • the portion of the expense that is necessary to have access to the accommodation
  • the accommodation portion of a tour package expense

You must keep your detailed receipts for any eligible expenses you claim for the credit. Those receipts must include:

• the location of the accommodation
  • the amount that can reasonably be considered to be for the accommodation portion of a stay
  • the amount of any GST/HST paid
  • the date of the stay
  • the name of the payor

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.