Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
retraso

Is it okay to enter a total for dental or prescription payments for a payee, rather than enter every separate payment? E.g. enter total of copays by my wife for dental.

This would mean entering 4 items rather than 50.  I can defend this under an audit, but would it draw attention to my return?
3 Replies

Is it okay to enter a total for dental or prescription payments for a payee, rather than enter every separate payment? E.g. enter total of copays by my wife for dental.

It is perfectly fine to group your medical expenses as long as you make sure to keep all your receipts and perhaps an itemized list of the medical expenses totaled and matching the receipts. If ever proof of these was ever requested by the Canada Revenue Agency you are already ready to send it to them.

Thank you for using TurboTax. 

retraso

Thanks, Ginette, that's what I was hoping:-)

Dale

You're very welcome. Thanks for using TurboTax.