Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the ontario staycation tax credit? I don't see it listed under the provincial tax credits.

Hello,

Did you populate a valid date range within 2022? 
Did you include the HST number of the company you stayed with?
Did you populate all of your personal information into the return before beginning so that it could read you as an individual?

Perhaps it needs a SIN number or something of the sort to function.

I am just tossing out ideas at this point.

I would suggest starting with reviewing the data entry on form ONWS ON479 and going from there.

Regards,

EK

Where is the ontario staycation tax credit? I don't see it listed under the provincial tax credits.

Hey Lisa,

I don't know about the Turbo Tax online version and it's functionality, but the actual form name in the software version of turbotax is "ONWS ON479" in case there is a search function for forms you can use.

Regards,

EK

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe I have don al this correctly. I am using PC desktop version of Turbotax.

Specifics:

1.  All details are entered into Worksheet ON479, Line 63052. They total correctly into Line 1.

2. The $$ do not then transfers into either Box 1 (line 2) or Box 2 (line 6). Thus $0 is transferred to Form ON479. Note - If i override, they don't transfer either.

3.  Form ON479: I have checked Staycation tax credit, no problem. I cannot tick-box either line 63051 (Family or Individual) check boxes.  If I override the field, the $$ appear properly...

Looks like a bugon item #3 to me - dont know where else to enter family or individual?

Unfortunately, the process for applying for the Ontario Staycation Tax Credit in TurboTax hasn’t been finalized yet. It should be available in February when filing your return using NETFILE or printing will also become available.

Thanks - it would be great if Turbotax just told users that!

This is a pretty simple calculation...not sure why it isn't available in this beta software.

Faster forum monitoring and notification might be better for your customers satisfaction as well...

@peterbagley10 There is a message in the CD/Download version, but for some reason it's not in the Online version. We will ask the product development team if they can add one.

@cammer Most of the calculations on a tax return are pretty simple. But we have to test our calculations and get them certified by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) before we can add them. 

Also, we try to answer every question in a timely fashion, but unfortunately, we sometimes can’t get to them as quickly as we would like. This is especially true before NETFILE opens, as we are still in regular business hours (Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM ET). We will have weekend and evening service when NETFILE opens.

@TurboTaxSusan:  Thank you for the details!

Please be advised that the Ontario Staycation credit is now available in TurboTax Online. To apply for the credit, you can select Provincial, then Provincial Tax Credit Profile.

Fantastic!  Thank you!