Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
am3725

Can I delete an incomplete return that you have saved?

Cannot use Turbotax to file my return.  I want it deleted from saved file.
5 Replies

If you are wanting to delete your information that you have entered into your Online Account - please see our FAQ

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-info-i-ve-en...

MissNoor

Not looking to delete information, looking to delete the whole unfiled session which was started with Turbo Tax as it is the wrong product. Please help asap I am extremely uncomfortable about my information being online in the wrong form 

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If you have already started a new file with the correct information, the old file will be saved under "my returns".

On the left menu > click on "View All Tax Returns" > from the list of the returns click on the garbage can next to the continue button of the Tax return. 

Make sure that the top tax return on the list should be the one you want to keep > this one will not show a garbage can > the rest of the returns you need to delete will follow under.

I hope this was helpful

AshG61

I like to delete an incomplete unfiled return as there is a but on TT2023, I was not able to file my sons return with 0 income.

I like to delete old return and start new one.

Please advise

Ashok

[email address removed]

You would need to start a new one, once you have completed his personal information, you will be able to go back and view all tax returns and beside the one you want to delete you will see a garbage can, click on it and it will delete the return for you. Then continue with the new return you started.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.