Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA Result Code: 84 - Error Code #561

Please double check that you have correctly entered the amount of Canada training credit limit for the year.

Also make sure you are eligible to claim the Canada Training Credit or the annual accumulation of $250.

To claim the Canada Training Credit for a taxation year:

• you file an income tax and benefit return for the year;
  • your Canada training credit limit for the year is greater than zero (Check your NOA from last year);
  • you are resident in Canada throughout the year;
  • tuition or fees are paid to an eligible educational institution in respect of the year; and
  • the tuition and fees are otherwise eligible for the existing tuition tax credit.

To claim the annual accumulation of $250:

• you must be over 26 and under 65 at the end of the tax year.
  • file a tax return for the year;
  • be resident in Canada throughout the year;
  • have a total of $10,000 or more of income from:
    • maternity and parental benefits, and
    • working income (income from an office or employment, business income, the taxable part of scholarship income and research grants, the tax-exempt part of earnings of status Indians and emergency service volunteers, and income under the Wage Earner Protection Program Act).
  • have individual net income for the year that does not exceed the top of the third tax bracket in that year ($155,625 in 2022).

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Hrungir
Returning Member

As I noted, all of this was done correctly. The phone support team told me that the only way to claim this tax credit correctly at this point, due to an internal error, is to mail in the claim. I opted not to claim it on this return, and will be filing a separate claim, as per the advice of the support team advisor.

peko

Same thing here. TurboTax didn't pull the 2021 NOA training credits from CRA and I had to put it in manually. Then this error happened. Where's the "get my money back" button?

afta
Returning Member

So would it be possible to netfile the return without claiming the $250 credit, then change your tax return through MyCRA Account to claim the credit afterwards?

asking as a way to avoid the 2 month+ mail in process

Yes, you should be able to do an adjustment after you receive your notice of assessment. You may want to verify with the Canada Revenue Agency about this by calling 1-800-959-8281.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.