Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
szywang

Can I cancel my in progress ReFILE

I started a ReFILE to transfer tuition credits but I ended up deciding not to transfer them. I haven't submitted my ReFILE yet, so is possible to cancel/close the ReFILE? It currently says it's in progress on the main page of my account. 

6 Replies

As long as you have not submitted that Refile, it will not be transmitted to CRA. If you wish to "delete" the Refile you began in error, once you start or open another return in your Online TurboTax account, you should see a little garbage can next to the Refile and you can delete that file.

dinomazza

Hi,

That garbage can was beside the Tax Return I already filed. There was nothing beside my Refile Tax Return.

Thanks. I also wish to delete a refile I started.

If you wish to "delete" the Refile you began in error, once you start or open another return in your Online TurboTax account, you should see a little garbage can next to the Refile and you can delete that file. 

SCarmichs

hi 

i tried twice to "once you start or open another return in your Online TurboTax account, you should see a little garbage can next to the Refile" but this doesn't work

If you have already have send the ReFile, then you can't stop it. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Alexx73

Hi I made a mistake on application on marriage status I put single instead of common law I submitted it already help