Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
posvibe
Returning Member

filing from abroad with Turbo tax CD

I bought turbo tax CD in February 2020 in Canada then I moved to Korea a week later. I called CRA before and an agent over the phone told me that I can use tax software but I need to print it out and mail it to CRA. Now  I am in Korea,  try to install CD and am unable to do internet activation. I called to do phone activation but it says office hours closed!!! it supposed to be 24hrs/7days which is not. 

What should I do to activate?

I want to know I can not activate when I am out of Canada? Or I can still use Turbo tax CD?

I would really appreciate for helping me. Thank you!!

4 Replies

If you have a good internet connection you should be able to use the CD version of the software. 

Unfortunately, you would not be able to connect with us from Korea, as our phone support is for Canada only.

So uninstall the software you have installed and reinstall using this link, make sure you are selecting the same software you have already purchased and use the IKC provided in the box from your original purchase.

Alternately, you can connect to our website (top right corner - "Sign In") and start your tax return online.

You will have to print(online version)(downloaded version) and mail to the CRA as well.

Good luck!

prychid
Returning Member

Unable to install Turbo Tax 2020 in Canada, from cd .

prychid
Returning Member

I am not getting any support ,you are not answering my question.

We are sorry to see you are having this problem with the download of your CD.  In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Thank you for your patience.