Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ariadny

The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your return, as your netfile Access code did not match our records. My code is correct.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your return, as your netfile Access code did not match our records. My code is correct.

@Butch-1947 

The NETFILE Access code is not mandatory, you can try filling your return without the code.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Doddles32

I didn't previously have a Netfile Access Code.  When I went to file - said I couldn't use info from 2020 return if there was no Netfile Access Code - so I put in an access code.      Said it was incorrect - as far as I know I didn't previously have a Netfile Access code.

Now I can file the return - help!!

KD39

I would like to netfile for myself and my wife as I did our 2020 taxes jointly. I have registered with CRA  the new code sent to me and tried to netfile and i received the error message netfile access code does not match. What should I do?

I added my 2021 Netfile access code to my tax return as I downloaded my 2022 return . I had no trouble last year with the access code . The CRA rejected my submission because they had no record of the access code I had used the previous year .  Does the CRA require a new access code each year ?

@johnfaikin You would have to use whatever access code they have given you on your NOA for the previous year. But the NETFILE Access code is not mandatory, you can try filling your return without the code.

as above in subject matter. how can i by-pass the NAC or where can I get this code. It is not on the assessing docs.

How can I by-pass this code?

@Butch-1947 

The NETFILE Access code is not mandatory, you can try filling your return without the code.

NorthD49

crachecked and double checked Netfile Access Code and it is not being accepted, why, no problems previously?

NorthD49

if I don't put access code will I still get my refund?