Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark49

Why is the text in dialog boxes really big?

All dialog boxes are the same ... I can't see all the text or information because the font is really big, making the product unusable.  I've looked at the File - Page Setup options ... scaling is set to 25% (and I can't change it).  I've rebooted and reinstalled a few times.  No changes.  This is running on Windows 7, I've never had this problem before (still have previous versions of TurboTax installed and working fine).  Have attached a screen shot to show what I see.  Hoping for a fix here, thanks.

23 Replies
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Have you tried Zooming Out?

To do so, first go over that window with your mouse, then; 

• To Zoom Out --> from your keyboard do Ctrl & the - sign together
  • To Zoom In --> from your keyboard do Ctrl & the + sign together

Please try this and don't hesitate to let us know if the suggestion does not resolve the issue for you.

You could also try to change Windows display setting, there is a specific option for Message boxes.  See screen capture below.

mark49

Thanks for the reply.  No this doesn't help.  It is only the contents of the dialog box that are the problem.  The zooming options only effect the text in the main parts of the app.
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

Then it would be an OS issue, you can try this under Windows :
 - Goto the Control Panel --> Display Properties (or right-click the desktop and select Properties)
 - Click the "Appearance" tab --> click the "Advanced" button
 - Click the text that says "Message text" in the Message Box window --> change the font, font size

Be careful though. You can start experimenting and soon forget what the original settings were and you can end up with unreadable font incredibly large, or too small, and don't know what you started with 😉
mark49

Thanks, I'll check this out later.  It is odd because no other application is doing this including last years TurboTax install.  Which would lead me to question it being an OS problem.  I'll report back when I've had a chance to confirm.
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

Yes, please, it would be really appreciated, it could help other users also...
Rocket1
Returning Member

I have same problem with newly installed CD version with latest update on Win7 but works ok on Win10.
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

You might have put the finger on it Rocket, the system requirement is Win 7 SP1 : https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1285288-what-are-the-minimum-system-requirements-for-...
Rocket1
Returning Member

Thanks but my system meets the requirements.   Any popup box is affected.
TurboTaxLynda
Intuit Alumni

@rocket,
Have you tried to change the Display Properties? see my previous comments on how to do it and please let us know if it works.