Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct sales industry code is 454300 per CRA for the T2125 C form but yet it keeps giving me an error code

2017 tax return on t2125C for commission income from a T4A. Direct selling industry code is 454300 per CRA but it keeps coming back invalid and gives and error!

47 Replies

Direct sales industry code is 454300 per CRA for the T2125 C form but yet it keeps giving me an error code

If you are filing your return electronically, you have to use the industry codes from your tax preparation software. The codes used in TurboTax come from the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).

The code you need is - 454390 Other Direct Selling Establishments. The complete list can be found here: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=380372

beechnut

454390 still does not work. I have been on the phone all morning with Revenue Canada and with turbo tax still no resolution

I have also been trying to eFile and on the phone with Turbo Tax all morning and still no fix. They need to update the software to the new code and will not listen...

You can search for your Industry code on this Stats Canada webpage: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

The codes are updated every few years and were most recently updated in 2022. So, if your code is not working, it may have changed.

ar97
Returning Member

alison521
Returning Member

So I have tried both codes 454300 and 454390 and both say invalid industry code and can not file untill its fixed. Can you please tell me the correct code for Avon direct selling?

Revenue Canada updated their codes but turbo tax has not well at least not for the 2020 tax year as I have tried both and been on the phone for hours with turbo tax and they will not update their software to the new codes. I receive an error from turbo tax software if I use 454300 which is the new code for CRA and if I change it to 454390 which turbo tax accepts then CRA does not. The error message is 280002 and says contact turbo tax support but turbo tax has not helped. Now I have to print and send as CRA will not accept the old code. Turbo Tax please update pervious years tax software with the new code so I can netfile my return 

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

ar97
Returning Member

TuboTax Download