Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
featallah

I bought Turbotax Standard Online Edition thinking that I will have the option to download the software on my machine. Can I exchange it for the downloaded version?

Please advise if I can exchange the online version which I did not use yet for a downloaded version. I've been using your software for years and always used the CD version. I also noticed that the online version does not give the option to work with the format of the forms! Thanks 

5 Replies

I bought Turbotax Standard Online Edition thinking that I will have the option to download the software on my machine. Can I exchange it for the downloaded version?

Unfortunately, the online and download versions are not interchangeable.

If you'd prefer the download version (with Forms mode), please give us a call for a refund on your online purchase. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

gbread1

The refund process is ridiculous. 

The refund process is simple, if you purchased from a retailer you will need to complete a form and submit it.

If you purchased it directly from the TurboTax Canada website then we can process the refund directly for you when you contact our customer service.

Hamid opal1
Returning Member

Bought standard online edition but unable to start.

If this is your first time using TurboTax Online - you will start by clicking on this link- https://ww2.2019.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/?_swlg=en
go to create an account- once it is created you will be asked to sign in. Then be sure to choose the TurboTax version you purchased and complete your return. Once you are ready to file your return you will then be asked to enter your prepayment code which if purchased in a retail store you will find in the box - it is on the back on the little card and you will need to scratch off to find your prepayment code.

Please note that if you click on any upgrade- you will be charged extra and your prepayment code will not work.