Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filed through Royal Bank link for 20% discount ($15.99). This was confirmed throughout the filing process but when payment was processed, charge was undiscounted: $19.99?

Contacted customer service and the rep was unable to help me. She tried to point me back to Royal Bank. I have printed documentation from my return confirming charge was to be discounted to $15.99 but the full standard amount was charged to my card.
8 Replies

Filed through Royal Bank link for 20% discount ($15.99). This was confirmed throughout the filing process but when payment was processed, charge was undiscounted: $19.99?

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. In order to help you with this, we will need more information.  Please contact us on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Sorry I don't have access to Facebook or Twitter. This is why I called your toll-free number and spoke to a live human. Unfortunately she could not help me. If there is someone who can, please feel free to call me or email me at the coordinates on my Turbotax file. 

I didn't realize that the 20% was for a specific URL, I was expecting that the discount would be applied when I used my VISA card. Is there any way I can get refunded for the amount I overpaid?

I used the URL and was still charged the undiscounted price. Raised this issue with Turbo Tax Canada and have not been contacted to resolve. Therefore I doubt you will be successful getting a refund. Suggest you go through your credit card company to dispute and cancel the charge completely. This is what I ended up doing. 

Hello All,

I faced the same issue with my RBC credit card and got the information from Customer Care that this offer is not valid if your are creating new account. 

did any one got refund before using old account.

Regards,

Tejas

I have been filing my taxes and my parents' taxes using online TurboTax since 2017 but no more!

After over 2 hours with customer service (speaking with Jaspreet then Tina) with absolutely no resolution, I will no longer use Turbotax to file my taxes and will direct my family members to use UFile instead. 

The simple issue that customer service could not resolve is honouring the 20% discount offer available through CIBC (https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/turbotax-discount.html) which anybody actually can make use of as it requires no verification that you area CIBC client (I happen to be a CIBC client).

All I got from customer service was that they "filed requests on my behalf"!!!!!

If Turbotax cannot honour its own discounts and their customer service is useless then they lose my business!!

raj28

Totally agree. Despite multiple attempts - accessing the BMO/TURBOTAX portal getting the discount is an impossibility. Seems to be a click bait by Turbo Tax. 

We have sent you a private message.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.