Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a TT22 file that I saved for my tax year of 2022. I would like to open it but I no longer have TurboTax 2022 installed on my computer. How to I open it?

5 Replies

I have a TT22 file that I saved for my tax year of 2022. I would like to open it but I no longer have TurboTax 2022 installed on my computer. How to I open it?

You would need to reinstall TurboTax CD/Download 2022 in order to open a .tt22 file.

I no longer have the CD for the 2022 year. Is there a way can I get that again?

You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

AHADAMS

So, how do I access the file if I purchased the program from a store, and no longer have that access code? I need to access my 2022 return, but I can't do so without the access code I no longer have (don't ask why I didn't already have a PDF saved).

When I download the 2022 version and install it, it requires the activation code to proceed, so I'm essentially locked out of my own tax return.

Unfortunately, as you purchased your TurboTax software at retailers we do not have access to your license code. 

Would you happen to still have TurboTax on your computer?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.