Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Where is intuit.ca picking up my OLD email address (prior year purchases/prior year filings) from?

I net-filed two 2018 returns yesterday. I received the confirmations from intuit.ca but they went to my old email address. I did not use this email address to purchase the download product (standard). I did not use this email address within the return (contact information for Revenue Canada).  Where is intuit.ca picking up this email address (prior year purchases/prior year filings)?  I want to correct this so that it does not happen again next year.  I will lose access to that old email account.   I did call the intuit support line, howwever, the agent did not know where the email address came from or how to change it. (incident# xxxxxxxxx). Thanks.

2 Replies
Highlighted

Where is intuit.ca picking up my OLD email address (prior year purchases/prior year filings) from?

Please use the following FAQ for instructions on how to update your email address:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647988

Highlighted

Thanks for your detailed reply.  I had actually done what you suggest minutes prior to purchasing the 2018 Turbotax download. In fact, the purchase confirmation came to my current email address. But after completing the tax returns and net-filing, the net-file confirmations were none-the-less sent to my old email address. I am perplexed.