Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdmed145

Why am I being charged $15 for TurboTax when I didn't use a helper and was told by TurboTax that the service was free?

I never chose any of the "expert help" pop ups and it says that turbotax is free for those 25 and younger. So why am I now being charged $15 at the end?
3 Replies

Why am I being charged $15 for TurboTax when I didn't use a helper and was told by TurboTax that the service was free?

Last year, any version of TurboTax Online was free for people 25 years old or younger. This year, if your return doesn't qualify for the Free version, then you get a discounted price on whichever version you need to use.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on who can use Free:

Who can file for free using TurboTax?

darul

I have the same situation, but I have only selected employment income as reportable. Why am I being told to pay for deluxe when it is a basic return

@darul Please check you T-slips as the T4 & T4A slip can have things that are not supported in TurboTax Free Online.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on who can use Free:

Who can file for free using TurboTax?