Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being forced to upgrade to the self employed version of Turbo Tax. I have been using your software since 2015 and it never forced me to do this before!

I do not need any extra advise in my last year of business I just need to be able to enter my information as I have been doing since 2015.  There has been no indication of changes or forced upgrades on your website or in emails to loyal clients.  I am going to assume this change is Due to COVID like all the other businesses trying to rip their clients off.  How about the small businesses that have not survived due to covid and now you are charging 44.99 plus tax when the most I ever paid before was 11.99 plus tax for autofill and carry overs from the previous year.  you guys are thieves!!
3 Replies

Why am I being forced to upgrade to the self employed version of Turbo Tax. I have been using your software since 2015 and it never forced me to do this before!

We understand why this change may be upsetting. But, in previous years, customers often chose a version of the software that didn’t meet their needs and ended up not getting all the credits & deductions that they could have. This year, TurboTax is taking extra steps to ensure that Canadians get the best tax outcome by directing users to the version of TurboTax Online that aligns with their tax situation.

Please see these TurboTax FAQs for more information:

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Who can file for free using TurboTax?

what about those of us that didn't make the mistakes and knew what they were doing that you have taken the functionality away from?  I used to see all forms and now I do not.  

If you used to see all forms, you were using our TurboTax CD/Download software and the FORMS icon was activated instead of the Easy Step, as seen in the image below.

If you no longer have the FORMS icon, this may indicate that you are using our TurboTax Online software which only has the interview/easy step capabilities and not the feature to view forms.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.