Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I download .tt22 files from online so that I can import info into the software this year? I do my tax on my computer. Mistakenly did it online last year. Thanks! ?

12 Replies

Can I download .tt22 files from online so that I can import info into the software this year? I do my tax on my computer. Mistakenly did it online last year. Thanks! ?

Unfortunately, you can’t transfer information from TurboTax Online into TurboTax CD/Download.

Thanks for your response. One more thing I am not sure about while filing with TurboTax. Under Provincial, Climate Action Incentive. I was asked to confirm if I had lived outside some metropolitan areas with a check box. Am I answering YES or No by putting a marking in the box? It is quite confusing. Thank you.

When checking off the box it means that you live outside of some metropolitan area. 

Shermen

• Thank you Susan for your answer. It is really helpful.

You are welcome.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

joeboy

I see from Susan's response that you can't transfer/download .tt22 files if you used turbo tax online last year.  I did the same thing and would like to know why this isn't an option.  It really discourages using turbo tax online.  Surely this can be made an option.

@joeboy TurboTax Online doesn't generate .ttxx files, as it's not based on the desktop software.

pancakecar
Returning Member

Why is this possible for USA Turbotax users and not Canadians to download the tt22/ .ttxx files online?

Instructions: https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/get-copy-2020-re[product key ...

@pancakecar The Canadian editions of TurboTax are not based off of the US software.