Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sceptre_81
Returning Member

Last year I used Turbotax online. This year I have a downloaded copy. Where can I find the TT20 file to import into TT21?

3 Replies

Last year I used Turbotax online. This year I have a downloaded copy. Where can I find the TT20 file to import into TT21?

TurboTax Online has no way of saving to the .ttxx file format. TurboTax CD/Download can only import or open .ttxx files.

You can still print or download a PDF copy of your TurboTax Online return. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions: In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I print a copy of my tax return?

uriva9w
Returning Member

Intuit didn't think on this possibility....how do we call this in a product?

tpchin88

I am a long time user of turbotax. I am disappointed we have no access to our tt21 file. This is fustrating as I would like to go back to the downloaded CD version. I prepared a number of online returns last year. Having the carry forward of last years data would be benficial.