Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanO-
Returning Member

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

It's February 15 and mine is still greyed out.

tjmachado

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

Feb 16th and still not available.

As per the Canada Revenue Agency, they are currently shut down for its annual maintenance to prepare for the 2022 tax filing year, they remind you that Auto-Fill My Return (AFR) is not fully functional until March 15, 2023. You may be able to use the service by February 20th, 2023, but they still may not have all the information slips online.

Thank you for your patience.

According to Revenue Canada, 

• "The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023, (Eastern Time)."

It seems that the service should be up, but Turbotax Users can't access it because it is either non-existant in their menus or it is grayed-out, and therefore inaccessible. 

The problem is not with Revenue Canada, it is with deficient software, which should allow us to go to the government site whether it is functional or not.  This is costing a lot of turbotax customers a lot of time trying to figure out why we can't access a normal feature.  

And incidentally, I used it for 2021 this week or last.

Yes, something is up with this.  There are slips being posted to CRA.  There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to import our data.  Going to look for another product and test.

This clearly isn't helpful when RSP contributions' have to be done before March 1, 023.

I tried calling Turbotax and the automated system sent me 3 emails with useless links.  Then I spoke to someone who insisted everything is down until the 20th.  I told her I accessed autofill for 2021 this week.  I also read her the statement from the CRA saying autofill would be down from the 3rd to 6th.  The CRA does specify that efiling resumes on the 20th.

She said she found another statement and could email it to me. I received an email saying the case is closed, but I have not received an email with her statement.  There is a survey to fill in...

I maintain that turbotax is the problem.  We should be able to get to a certain stage before we are told it is not available from the CRA.  

Good luck on Monday, everyone.

I just had a similar encounter with my group benefits provider, I can appreciate your frustration. Appears to be quite the mishandling of a situation they aren't addressing - no-news-is-good-news does not apply here.

I would like to do some investment planning and need the downloads to be available for this purpose and will be running close to the deadline if this isn't fixed soon!

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.