Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

Today is Feb 25, And the option is still grayed out. I talked to Customer support on the phone. She tried screensharing for about 30 minutes but not able to solve it. At last, she sayid uninstall and re-install it and cut the phone marking my ticket resolved God knows why. I have tried re-installing twice already and it is still grayed out. I bought TurboTax Primier edition from Costco.

"Desktop Turbo Tax 2022 --> File --> import tax data from CRA" is grayed out. Why?

It is very disappointing to see conflicting messages from the Helpdesk.. this is a big issue affecting a lot of subscribers. Why doesn’t Turbo Tax issue a detail explanation and also train their staff to respond consistently. After 2 decades of being a subscriber, I am losing confidence in the product. I am sure I am not alone. It will be a big blow to Turbo Tax image if a lot of people decide not to buy the product next year. But May be they got too big to care. Can some senior executive look into this and take some action to provide clarity.?

The import option wasn't available to me (only listed QuickBooks) and the "import tax data from CRA" option in the file menu was greyed out as well.

I did find it while using the EasyStep method by navigating to the follow in the menu on the left:

INCOME & EXPENSES > Import tax data from CRA

HTH

hispren

Me too. I lost confidence after so may years.

I tried on March 12 and could not download the T4 which is on the CRA website

hispren

bull**bleep**

jjjbbb

The auto-fill is still not working as of March 16, 2023. The pop up window shows as always 'oops, we encountered an error'. What's the issue?

I purchased the desktop version at Costco, and I have been able to upload everyone's CRA information,  perhaps it might be a setting blocking the site or delayed service provider?  I know when I am at my mothers the web sites time out because there is a lag in her service provider.  Hope this helps. Good luck.

hispren

Indeed the cooperate policy blocked the download

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download in EasyStep mode, then the option to import tax data from the CRA will always appear grey. That will only appear as a usable option if you are in Forms Mode. In Easy Step Mode, if you want to use Auto-Fill, click on Income & Expenses, then Import tax data from CRA in the side menu.

If you are still not able to Auto-Fill, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

It's now March 23 and the "import CRA data" is still greyed out. This is very disappointing. Now I have to enter all the data myself as I don't want to wait any longer. I never had this problem before with Turbo Tax. But this makes me wonder whether I should  get its software next year again or switch to another company.