Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgera064

Didn't do taxes last year, will I still receive the missed CCB payments?

I did not file my 2016 taxes until now, March 2018. I filed them along with mine and my spouse's 2017 taxes, so we are all up to date. Because of this, I stopped receiving the Canada Child Benefit last June. Will I still receive the payments that were missed? My CRA account does show that I will start receiving payments again, but it does not show a retroactive lump payment.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Yes, if you are eligible, you will receive the missed payments. In your CRA My Account, there may not be a lump sum listed yet. Processing the missed payments may take a bit of time. Keep an eye on the Benefits and Credits info for an update.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Yes, if you are eligible, you will receive the missed payments. In your CRA My Account, there may not be a lump sum listed yet. Processing the missed payments may take a bit of time. Keep an eye on the Benefits and Credits info for an update.

kgera064

Thank you so much!

How far back will they pay retroactively? We just filed our 2015, 2016 and 2017 taxes

Most benefit payments are retroactive for 3 years so you should receive a lump sum payment for the earlier years once your application is processed. Here's a link for more information: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/canada-child-benefit-overview...
ScarlettAnn
Returning Member

Hi I just wanted to know if you had gotten your retroactive payment yet. I am on the same boat just waiting still..

Orbiter

I haven't ever done my taxes before and my daughter was born in October last year (2019). I finally did my taxes and had my bf file together at the end of January, and they still haven't paid me. Today is the 25th and she is 5 months old now.

I just noticed today that on my account they have payments set up for April, May and June. But not for October, November, December, January, February or March ? I've been struggling to get by for these past months buying stuff and now I have loans out because of it, and it isn't saying I will get any backpay at all?

I got told that they should. But it doesn't show on my account that they are going to and I've been waiting months :(

@Orbiter

Yes, if you are eligible, you will receive the missed payments. In your CRA My Account, there may not be a lump sum listed yet. Processing the missed payments may take a bit of time. Keep an eye on the Benefits and Credits information for an update.

For more information please review this link about the Canadian Child Credit.

I am a new Permanent resident and never applied for CCB before or for 2019, will i be able to apply for missed payments retroactively for 2019 if i apply now may 29th or June 2020. My Child arrived in canada in June 2019. 

I know this an old post just want to know if you received  retroactive payments for the 3 years? Just file for the past 3 years and wants to know how far back they go .