Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload previous years tax files to the new online version of Turbotax for more than one individual?

I need to upload more than one tax return to the online Turbotax version.  I've completed one upload, how do I get back to that page to upload the second set of previous years tax returns?
5 Replies

How do I upload previous years tax files to the new online version of Turbotax for more than one individual?

Hello,  thank you for your question.  With Turbo Tax Standard, you can upload your information for one individual.  If you have a second individual who needs a tax return, you need to create a second profile on a new Turbo Tax Standard and pay for both.

What if we purchased an online version that contains 8 returns (ie. the one on costco.ca) -- can we then upload separate individual information for each of the 8 returns on the single user account?

Yes. If you used TurboTax CD/Download last year, you can upload the previous year’s returns into each TurboTax Online return.

This FAQ shows you how to transfer information (personal details, carry forward amounts, etc.) from your previous year's tax return in TurboTax Online: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/importing-transfering/help/in-turbotax-online-how-do-...

The only problem is I'm having the same issue as many others -- I get an error message when I try to upload my data from my prior year download version to the current year online version.  I've already escalated it up the chain at Intuit tech support and after weeks of back and forth it was determined that they could not figure it out. I had to reenter everything from scratch, including my various T776 rental properties.  Not impressed with the incompatibilty between the two platforms -- it created hours of needless additional work.

@JustSomeDoodTryingToFileTaxes,

At this time our team is working on fixing this issue. we apologize that your experience with TurboTax was not optimal and hope to have this fixed soon.