Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pt17

Is Intuit ever going to increase the number of lines available for the T1135 form?

As I use the software right now it appears that it is still not fixed. I'll be using the CRA PDF form again this year.

Is Intuit ever going to increase the number of lines available for the T1135 form?

They are hoping to do so. We will definitely sent this request out once again.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

pt17

They should stop hoping and just do it. This feature has been requested for years!

Thank you for your feedback 🙂 I will update you when I get a response from them. 

Hi TurboTaxBrenda,

The CRA Q&A you quoted is for the "Part A: Simplified reporting method", which require user to enter the top 3 countries only, which is totally different than what we asking here. What we're asking is the ability to add rows into the "Part B: Detailed reporting method".

I have using TurboxTax for more than 20 years, and I too waiting for this for years and yet no answers nor any actions from TurboTax/Intuit. I'm seriously thinking maybe I should explore other tax tools that support this!

We are sending reports to our engineers about the forms that need extra rows to add inputs. We appreciate your feedback and we are not sure when we will hear back from them but just know that it is in their hands now.

GabbyG3

I too am having exactly the same problem on form T1135, in category 7 of Part B.  I use three different registered investment dealers and am facing 14 different countries.  I will have to submit an incomplete Form T1135 and then file an amendment.  Ridiculous!  It wastes my time and CRA's time.  Intuit, just do it, or I'm leaving after almost 20 years.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will mention it to our development team and if the issue has not already been solved, will work on a fix in a future update.

cjaikara

This issue is worse than described.  I don't even have the option of electronically filing my main return and mailing in the T1135.  Because I've indicated that I have more than $100k in foreign holdings, the program will not let me file without completing the T1135, and I cannot  complete the T1135 correctly because of the line limitation.  This is completely unacceptable.

I have faced the exact same situation you described for years and hence my post on this forum on February 6, 2024, that started this thread. The only option you have is to combine your holdings in each category into the three available lines of the TurboTax T1135 form and to netfile your T1 return and the T1135 as is. Then download a T1135 from CRA and complete this form properly, adding as many lines as you need. Make sure the total amounts on the TurboTax T1135 you netfiled match the total amounts on your CRA copy. Then mail in the latter to the CRA with a letter explaining that this T1135 amendment was necessary due to shortcomings of the TurboTax sofware. I have never had any follow-ups or inquiries from CRA.

As the responses from the TurboTax moderators to my questions and those of other members did not give me the confidence that this extra lines issue will be fixed anytime, I have finally taken the step to switch to the other tax software, which allows for at least 15 additional lines (and probably many more).