Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merlo1969

Cannot enter tax paid by instalment

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To enter your Tax Paid by Instalments, in the sidebar or TurboTax Online:

Go to Deductions > Payments Profile > click on the Payments Profile that appears and you will land on the page "Your Payments Profile for 2018". Check the box beside Paid tax instalments for this year, then continue to the page "Paid tax instalments this year". 

If you are using TurboTax Online Free version, you cannot click directly on Tax Instalment Payments, you must check that box on the Payments Profile page.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

To enter your Tax Paid by Instalments, in the sidebar or TurboTax Online:

Go to Deductions > Payments Profile > click on the Payments Profile that appears and you will land on the page "Your Payments Profile for 2018". Check the box beside Paid tax instalments for this year, then continue to the page "Paid tax instalments this year". 

If you are using TurboTax Online Free version, you cannot click directly on Tax Instalment Payments, you must check that box on the Payments Profile page.

Gary44

I do not know what you mean by "sidebar". Cannot find the Deductions tab either. Please elaborate.

JazzyTio

How do i enter this on a ReFile?

Before you ReFile,  you must wait to receive your Notice of Assessment in the mail. Once you receive it you can verify that CRA hasn't added this amount on your return already. If not then proceed with ReFile. 

You will find your return and it should say "REFILE" beside it- Click on ReFile - open your return up go to your "Personal Profile" and go continue until you see the question close to the bottom of the page "did you make tax installment payments for 2019? Click on YES which will open another part where you will enter the amount. Then click on continue and you can then go to the "File" section it will ask you to pay $5 dollars then you will be able to NetFIle once again. 

@Gary44 Kim is talking about TurboTax Online 2018. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download in EasyStep Mode, you can use the Find tool (magnifying glass) to search for "instalments", select it from the list, and then click Go.

I have a 2020 download version. I can't enter instalment in line 47600 like this topic indicated. Neither do I have a Find/Search function. Am I missing a step of set up? Thanks.

Please ignore my earlier post. It seems if one go through an EasyStep Interview, one would get a chance to enter the amount of instalment. It's tedious given I have already entered all information via Form method. Also to note is that the amount entered in EasyStep *does* show up in Detailed Tax Summary BUT not on T1 General form line 47600. This is definitely a software BUG. Hope this helps others who land here for answer.