Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information on tax filing and Covid-19, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get TPF-1.U-V, Income Tax Return Data form in my printed Quebec tax return ? I cant get it to print that mandatory form.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

How to get TPF-1.U-V, Income Tax Return Data form in my printed Quebec tax return ? I cant get it to print that mandatory form.

The barcode doesn't print when you use online editions of TurboTax; We have a special exception from Revenu Québec.

Simply mail in what prints out and you'll be fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

The barcode doesn't print when you use online editions of TurboTax; We have a special exception from Revenu Québec.

Simply mail in what prints out and you'll be fine.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ok thanks, future improvement ... you should have written that somewhere; I am certain I am not the only one who got preoccupied about this (RQ  website is pretty clear on the need for that form)
Highlighted
Level 4

The problem affects the desktop (CD/download) editions as well, as confirmed by Revenu Quebec.

The return can indeed be submitted without the TPF-1.U as long as all of the required keying summaries or the complete return and applicable schedules are sent in, but it means Revenu Quebec has to enter all information manually instead of simply scanning QR codes, which will delay processing considerably.

As there are not likely to be any further updates to TT 2018, this is not likely to get fixed; why it wasn't fixed when there were regular updates might be related to Intuit refusing to acknowledge the issue - as they continue to do through phone 'support'.