Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fr3lncr

Unable to print without the 'duplicate' watermark in Home & Business 2018 version

I have TurboTax Home & Business 2018 and it does not allow me to print a copy of my return without the 'Duplicate Do Not Send By Mail' watermark.

In previous versions, when printing using File > Print > Print Form, it would allow you to print without the watermark but in the 2018 version this is not working.  I've tried printing it from 'Easy Step', Print > Print Form, and Print > Print Return but all options include the watermark.

Unless things have changed in the 2018 version and there is another method to print the return without the watermark, please identify this as a bug so it can be resolved.

Thank you.

UPDATE:  I called TurboTax Support and long story short, there is NO way to print a copy of your taxes WITHOUT the watermark AFTER you've Netfiled.  (According to the CSR, people were apparently Netfiling and then sending in printed copies - which sort of boggles the mind why someone would do that).

WORKAROUND:  Once you complete your taxes and BEFORE YOU NETFILE them, print a PDF without the watermark and then Netfile them.   Note, once you print a PDF, it will count the return towards the number allowed with your purchase but that wont matter as you are going to Netfile it anyways.

6 Replies

Unable to print without the 'duplicate' watermark in Home & Business 2018 version

Thank you for your updated comments. They are right!!

UPDATE:  I called Support and long story short, there is NO way to print a copy of your taxes WITHOUT the watermark AFTER you've Netfiled.  (According to the CSR, people were apparently Netfiling and then sending in printed copies - which sort of boggles the mind why someone would do that).

WORKAROUND:  Once you complete your taxes and BEFORE YOU NETFILE them, print a PDF without the watermark and then Netfile them.   Note, once you print a PDF, it will count the return towards the number allowed with your purchase but that wont matter as you are going to Netfile it anyways.

MJMc86

There is no option to print the PDF without watermarks before you netfile.  Once you save the PDF, the watermark is overlaid.  I have a first time tax return filer twho can't netfile and the only option is a physical print with watermarks.  This doesn't make sense.

@MJMc86  are you using the TurboTax Online version or the TurboTax CD/Download version?

MJMc86

I am using a downloaded version of TurboTax.  I discovered that you can go to "Forms" and select the forms you'd like to print.  They are printed without watermarks.

Correct those forms are without watermarks- but when you click on "Print to Mail" you will get no watermarks and a few pages to mail and the first page will have a barcode which is the other forms that never printed. (These are the pages/forms that CRA looks at)

Nope!  That one has watermarks too.  I already netfiled my tax return, but not my T1135 forms.  Now I can't get a clean copy of the T1135 forms to submit.  For some reason, I can't open the CRA filable form either!