Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Trying to submit my wife's taxes uses NEtfile

Hello,

I submitted my 2021 Taxes via NEtfile and when I go to dubmit my wifes the netfile option is disabled. I have double and tripple checked and no errors. I tried submitting using Paper and says forms are not out. I am using WIndows 11 is anyone else having this issue?

Any suggestions as I have downloaded and reinstalled the software as recommended?

4 Replies

Hi there.  I've been having the same issue for the past two days.  It won't let me Netfile or print.  Something about self employed form (Capital Cost Allowance) being worked on by Turbo Tax in order for CRA to unlock the form.  From info I've found on this help site, Turbo Tax does not have the form in its correct format for filing to the CRA.  If your wife is self-employed and using the Self Employment forms, this is most likely the issue.  I'm hoping they resolve the issue soon.  I'm not a happy camper.  I've completed the return, paid for the software and now the final process of filing is being held up because a form is locked.  

Thanks- Any idea when they are going to fix it? My wife had not had any income for many years and this was her first year going back to work? I totally forgot years ago she was self employed but we haven't used that version in many years. Is there no other work around?

If you are not able to file and are seeing a message about locked forms, please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Why does TurboTax say my forms are locked or haven't been finalized? If you are using TurboTax Online, the T2125 and the T776 forms will be unlocked tonight. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download these forms will become available by Monday at the latest. We will update the FAQ as additional forms become available.

If you donā€™t have any of the forms on the list but you are still seeing this error message:

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to clear the cache in several popular browsers: How do I clear my cache (browsing history)?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please make sure that your software is fully updated. This TurboTax FAQ has instructions on how to update TurboTax CD/Download: How do I update TurboTax if I have the CD/download edition?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

There was an update in Turbo Tax and I was able to submit my wife's taxes. Thanks