Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdcovens

How do i override cca amount on rental income schedule. how do I save a copy of tax return to send to someone to review prior to completion

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do i override cca amount on rental income schedule. how do I save a copy of tax return to send to someone to review prior to completion

Hi

To override CCA, depends on which method you are using.  If using Turbotax online or Easystep, you can override once you see the CCA summary.  If using forms, highlight the CCA amount calculated and press F2.

CCA can only be modified to use a lesser amount than the system is calculating.  It cannot be used to increase the amount.

If you would like your return reviewed prior to filing, please sign up for our ProReview Service, found under the review section.  This is a fee based service. 

You do not need to send us your return, but ProReview will setup a screen share to review with you.

Hope this helps!

Christine

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi

To override CCA, depends on which method you are using.  If using Turbotax online or Easystep, you can override once you see the CCA summary.  If using forms, highlight the CCA amount calculated and press F2.

CCA can only be modified to use a lesser amount than the system is calculating.  It cannot be used to increase the amount.

If you would like your return reviewed prior to filing, please sign up for our ProReview Service, found under the review section.  This is a fee based service. 

You do not need to send us your return, but ProReview will setup a screen share to review with you.

Hope this helps!

Christine

Dotty8

I am using the forms method and have tried overriding the CCA calculated for a lesser amount and it will not allow me to override.  I've worn out the F2 key.  Is there possibly a different method.  I have a microsoft surface.  Not sure if that is the problem.  HELP!!

@Dotty8 Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.