Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR13

How can I enter my relevé 1 while I have income from Ontario and a part form Quebec

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TTRS

How can I enter my relevé 1 while I have income from Ontario and a part form Quebec

Go to Profile > Personal Tax Profile for <your name>  then click the edit button beside 20XX income.

In the profile page, choose the following Checkboxes:

• I was Employed
  • T4 Employment income and
  • I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1 slip

Now go to the Income section and enter your T4. There is a Box E with the following note under it:

Note: Enter only the amount from Box E of your Relevé 1. The amounts from the other boxes on your Relevé 1 will be covered already from the T4 slip received from the same employer.

If you are not a resident of Quebec, you don't need to fill in your Relevé. It is only required if you are a resident of Quebec and are filing a Quebec provincial return as well.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
TTRS

Go to Profile > Personal Tax Profile for <your name>  then click the edit button beside 20XX income.

In the profile page, choose the following Checkboxes:

• I was Employed
  • T4 Employment income and
  • I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1 slip

Now go to the Income section and enter your T4. There is a Box E with the following note under it:

Note: Enter only the amount from Box E of your Relevé 1. The amounts from the other boxes on your Relevé 1 will be covered already from the T4 slip received from the same employer.

If you are not a resident of Quebec, you don't need to fill in your Relevé. It is only required if you are a resident of Quebec and are filing a Quebec provincial return as well.

SpencerEkman
Returning Member

Does this same thing apply to entering a Releve 2? 

I am in a strange situation. Moved from Quebec to Ontario, therefore Releve 2 does not pop up when I search for slips to enter. 

Further, I am already claiming a pension payment & tax deducted on a T4A. However, I also have a releve 2 from Quebec where they deducted tax. How do i enter both without a double entry of the income? Thanks in advance! 

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

you can find your answer in this link:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/filing/discussion/entering-releve-2-rl-2-with-matchin...

I hope this was helpful 

SpencerEkman
Returning Member

Hello, 

Thanks so much for your reply - this is quite helpful. Just to confirm - is this the same process for the releve 2/T4A? I have a releve 2 that i am trying to enter but the steps mentioned only cover Releve 1....do I enter as is even though it is a releve 2? T4A entry does not have the same entry as shown in the reply.

Thanks so much! 

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

to break it down

For RL-1:

when you choose T4 and RL-1, you will be able to fill both slips from the same company together.

for the T4 from employment: 

- Choose QC Box 10 --> this will open the letter Boxes 

-  Fill T4 and RL-1 in the same slip

- Box 22 should be entered from the T4

- Box E should be entered from the RL-1

- Don't forget your Box 56 which is the same as Box I

For your T4A from QC while you are not a QC resident:

- You will need to fill a T4A slip with all boxes as you have received it including Box 22 as is.

- For RL-2 you need to create another T4 instead of RL-2 because TurboTax online doesn't offer RL-2 for none QC residence.

- In this new T4 that will replace your RL-2, put QC for the province in your Box 10.

- This will open new Boxes that have letters instead of numbers.

- Use only Box E to fill the taxes paid in the RL-2, and don't fill any other Boxes.

I hope this clarifies it 

SpencerEkman
Returning Member

Good Afternoon, 

This does clarify - thank you. 

However, I do get this error: 

Do I have to submit this via mail or is it possible to bypass this?

Thanks so much for your help! 

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

You did not attach the error to your message. If you follow the steps exactly as written you will not get any errors, you might get warnings which you can ignore. 

I hope this was helpful

Footnote:

We at TurboTax want to encourage you and your close family to take all necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Please review the articles provided below for more information during these difficult times:

What to know about COVID-19 and Your Taxes.

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/what-to-know-about-covid-19-and-your-taxes-11110

Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html

COVID-19: Tax Info Centre

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-topics/help/covid-19-tax-info-centre/01/1335957#M...

Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/canada-emergency-response-benefit-cerb-11165

MCJ1

Hi, I have followed the steps exactly as said, skipped the error notice as said, and i can't file my return. tip?

I have a disability income stated in a T4ACRA1.PNGCRA.PNG

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

In my duplicated scenario, I have added an income from the RDSP:

In your T4A:

In your T4 that replaces the RL-2:

I can file with no errors

If you still have an issue, contact support because you have limited times to try to NEtfile before the system locks you:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful