Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4E: box 14 does not = sum of the other boxes

You do not fix this- Box 18 means that you have "Indian Status" The amount shown is correct. Tax Exempt.

If you feel there is a discrepancy in the amount- you will need to contact whoever gave you the T4 slip to make adjustments if necessary. 

The total amount reported for employment insurance maternity and parental benefits and/or provincial parental insurance plan benefits can't exceed the total in box 14 on your T4E slips. Please review. i am getting this message but all numbers are entered correctly???

@ifvanessaa Are you getting this as a warning in the review? If so, it's just a warning to have you double check that the info you entered is correct. If you are sure it is, then you can ignore the warning.

cdvandyk

I cannot file with this error. 

jessicaaa

I am getting the same message and have triple checked my t4e

Hey hopefully this helps! I called them about this issue and believe it or not this is the fix:

when you fill out the t4e there is a question underneath that asks if you received benefits, if it says yes it copies the total amount from your t4e you entered, but you most likely need to click no underneath, but! When you do that without erasing the amount when it is checked yes it gives that error! Put the amount when on yes to 0 and then click no and voila error message gone, wasted 2 hours on that!

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

For more clarification on your question, please contact support:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Not accurate, This just changes the type of  error message that I am getting.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Each T4E reports different types of income, so not all issues are similar.

If you have income in Box 18, then you have Indian status exception --> please remove the income in Box 15 so that you can file.

If you don't have Box 18, then the sum of all boxes should equal Box 14:

If Box 7 has a zero value: remove Box 15

If Box & has a 30% value, then Box 15 should equal Box 14

If you don't have a letter from the Employment and Social Department, please don't answer yes to the question "Have you received EI Payments". 

If you had already answered yes and entered and amount in the designated box under this question --> please change this amount to $0.00 first --> then change your answer to zero.

Do not change the answer to the question to "No" before changing the amount to zero first otherwise the Error will not be fixed.

I hope this was helpful.

@ifvanessaa Thank you Vanessa! Thanks to you you I will complete filling