Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maricjl

VVhy is it vvhen I enter the RRSP deduction limit I get this high amount of a return that is not possible and vvhen I don't enter it I ovve vvhich is also not possible?

No that's no problem. I appreciate your help.  But I haven't over-contributed, because I only contributed about $4500.  The $80K is vvhat they say I have room to contribute, but unless I vvin a lottery that's not going to ever be contributed. Lol.
maricjl

VVhy is it vvhen I enter the RRSP deduction limit I get this high amount of a return that is not possible and vvhen I don't enter it I ovve vvhich is also not possible?

And vvhen I don't enter it, it says I ovve just over $800 vvhich I don't believe is correct either, so something is off, likely I am doing something vvrong, I think I am best to take it to somevvhere in person, but I appreciate your time.  Thank you very much. :smile::smile:

Me either!
maricjl

:smile::smile:

Without viewing the return, it would be impossible to say what occurred. It could be a carry forward amount, or it could be an issue with the numbers entered.

If you wish to have the tax return reviewed by our Tax Analysts to determine why the numbers reported did not match the CRA assessment, please contact our Technical Support team at 1-888-829-8608. They will help you to submit your tax information to our secure database.

The return and assessment will then be reviewed by our team in Edmonton.

Post back here if you still need assistance after submitting your data. I will personally follow up with you.

- Clint
klsmiley

There is definitely a bug in the program. I transferred my information from the previous year and I got a huge negative number in the multi millions for my RRSP Deduction Limit. When I go to the RRSP section to correct the RRSP Deduction Limit in the RRSP interview it is the correct amount. How do I get it to show the right amount on the Data Transfer page when it is already showing the correct amount on the RRSP interview page? Should I be concerned about filing my taxes if this incorrect amount is showing on the Data Transfer page. A fix to this bug would be greatly appreciated since I feel less confident filing with incorrect numbers.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, it is a current issue our team is working on a fix. You did exactly what you should do by correcting the RRSP manually.  I would like to reassure you that it will not affect your current tax return.

You can Netfile it.  

I hope this was helpful.