Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have accidently said yes to (CWB) Canadas worker benefit, Now I don't want to claim that anymore. How do I delete this claim?

9 Replies

I have accidently said yes to (CWB) Canadas worker benefit, Now I don't want to claim that anymore. How do I delete this claim?

You can get to the page by using the “Find” button (magnifying glass) and searching for “Canada”. Then select “Canada Workers Benefit” from the list and click on the “Go” button. There you can say "No" if you don't want to claim the benefit.

amysb15

Hi,

I tried going back to the Canada Workers Benefit page but I do not have the option to select No.  The only option I have is whether who will be claiming the benefit.

Please help.

Thanks.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

To recap, the CWB eligibility is calculated by the software based on the information you entered. So, if you are sure you have provided accurate information under the proper profiles, then the software will calculate the eligibility accurately. 

In the TurboTax Desktop/Download > switch to Forms from the top bar > open schedule 6 from the "forms" at the bottom bar beside your name > answer "No" to the question "are you eligible for CWB?". 

You will need to do this process on both returns: 

If you are using TurboTax online: 

Search for "Canada workers Benefits" from the Find engine on the top bar > answer "No" to the question "Do you want to see if you qualify for the Canada Workers Benefits?" 

I hope this was helpful

BL22

I have completed the above steps for the TurboTax Online  (using the "Find" function and answering "No" to wanting to claim the CWB for both individuals) and I am still receiving a warning that one of the two individuals is claiming the CWB when they are ineligible. Again, I have put them both as ineligible to receive the CWB, but the program is still applying the CWB. Please advise as to how to resolve this issue. 

Thank you! 

ahmedadel261
Returning Member

Same issue with 

ahmedadel261
Returning Member

I am still receiving a warning that one of the two individuals is claiming the CWB when they are ineligible. Again, I have put them both as ineligible to receive the CWB, but the program is still applying the CWB. Please advise as to how to resolve this issue.

Dale Brace
Returning Member

I have the same issue, please help

Please follow steps 1-3 in our TurboTax FAQ How do I claim the Canada Workers Benefit? to delete your claim.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

mhambly1465
Returning Member

It's the same issue with the 2023 software. I can't remove a CWB claim and as a result my refund has dropped by $1,600! Clearly a flaw with the software. Have tried modifying via Forms - Schedule 6 with no success; I untick to No on my Sch 6 and immediately ticks to Yes on my spouse's. Ridiculous.