Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

My efile payment page is blank

You are commenting on an old thread that may have outdated information.  If have attempted all troubleshooting, so we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@dvorakt1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
taxuser60

Business 2023 taxes are due this week and cannot go past the audit defense selection because the payment screen comes up blank and if I hit continue it just says payment did not go thru and sends me back to same audit defense selection screen. Just sat on hold with live assist for 20 mins while they went to "talk to tech" and then got hung up on. For reference I am using the desktop version. 

@turbotax

@taxuser60 wrote:

Business 2023 taxes are due this week and cannot go past the audit defense selection because the payment screen comes up blank and if I hit continue it just says payment did not go thru and sends me back to same audit defense selection screen. Just sat on hold with live assist for 20 mins while they went to "talk to tech" and then got hung up on. For reference I am using the desktop version. 

@turbotax

I'm not sure if you tried an earlier suggestion in this thread, but blank screens are sometimes due to a display setting issue.   So I'll mention this again:

A blank or partially-blank popup screen (either initially at activation, downloading a state program, or during efiling when paying) may be related to either a screen resolution or scaling problem in your Windows settings.

In Windows 10 to get to the scaling or resolution settings click the Windows start button in lower left corner, then choose Settings (gear icon), then System, then Display.   Or for a shortcut, you may be able to simply right-click on an empty area of the main Windows desktop monitor screen (not the TurboTax program screen) and in the popup menu choose "Display settings".

NOTE:  After you change the scaling or resolution setting as discussed below, you might need to close and relaunch TurboTax for the change to take place in that popup window.  Some users have said they rebooted after changing the display settings and then launched TurboTax.

First try the scaling setting.  In your Windows Settings do you have scale set to a higher value than the normal 100%?  If so, change it back to 100%.

If lowering the scaling to 100% didn't help, then it may be screen resolution.  Try a lower screen resolution such as 800x600.   If that doesn't work, then try 1024x768.    If still not working, then gradually increase the screen resolution to the next level.

You can later put the display settings back like you want them.

I am having the same issue.  Any resolution?

Update!  Figured it out.  Changing the screen resolution didn't work but closing all internet browsers did the trick!  Hope that helps others!

@taxuser60 

k00l
Level 1

Changing the resolution resolved the issue. Interesting enough though, the first time I filed my niece's taxes, the popup worked at the highest resolution. It is only subsequent efilings that I have had issues.

@k00l wrote:

Changing the resolution resolved the issue. Interesting enough though, the first time I filed my niece's taxes, the popup worked at the highest resolution. It is only subsequent efilings that I have had issues.

Thanks for reporting back.  I'm glad it worked for you.  Good luck.

jobrux1
Returning Member

Dear  jameszhjw,

I don't know about problem #1, but I also had problem #2.  Turbo Tax support was completely worthless and waste of time.  I found something on the internet that solved the problem for me. (Me: Windows 10, Turbo Tax Home and Business 2023. desktop version).  The trick was to run turbo tax in compatibility mode setting it to windows 8.

right click on turbo tax icon>properties>compatibility, then check box "run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 8 " , chose windows 8 in selection box.  Then "OK".  

I was having the same issue with the blank payment screen when trying to e-file on a Windows 11 computer.  I had to run Turbotax as administrator, and click 'yes' to let Turbotax make changes to my computer -- was then able to get the payment screen and enter my information without problem.

Changing the scale from 150% to 100% fixed this issue for me!  Thank you!

@taxesRannoying wrote:

Changing the scale from 150% to 100% fixed this issue for me!  Thank you!

Great!  You're welcome.  Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies