Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rclegion
Returning Member

2023 Standard won't load sits on blue splash screen

So I disabled anti-virus etc... when installing but when I launch the program it checks for updates and then just sits on the blue splash screen and won't load any further.

I am running windows 11 64bit , I7-14700k  and 32gig of ram so plenty to run this

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and each with a new download 

Run as Administrator 

Windows is up to date

I see that this was a problem for some in the 2022 addition anyone else having this issue , do I wait for an update to the software to fix it or is there something I else I can try to get this to work , have not even had the chance to use the activation code on it won't load at all. 

Thanks in advance for any advice 

12 Replies

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

rclegion
Returning Member

Thanks for the phone number however they are only open Monday - Friday and due to work I can't call them during the weekday is there no advice you can give me here ? is it a problem with my computer or it a software issue ?

Thanks 

During tax season (February 20 to May 1), phone support is available 7 days a week, 9 AM to midnight ET for English support.

I can't see what's going on with your computer, so I can't really say what's going on. Its likely that there is something that is blocking TurboTax from starting or causing it to crash on startup.

rclegion
Returning Member

OK thanks and yes I was able to contact them on the phone . Was on the line with them for over and hour and we double checked everything and still nothing worked still getting same blue title screen up. No idea what I need to do to run the program and I opened the retail box so now can't even return it. Like last years issues of blank screen/hanging screen I will wait to see if they come up with an update fix for this issue. 

Please if your having the same issue post it here and if you found a fix let us know

Did phone support put an investigation in for your issue? 

gordongw

Same problem.

Looking in task manager, I can see it as a "background task" but not an application. 

Called support. First guy told my - restart your computer. I told him I've already done that. So then he said to just wait and try it again tomorrow. !!??   I said no - I've had the issue for multiple days. After many basic questions, got forwarded to someone else. He said others have issue and he'll have to call me back tomorrow. I'll wait and see I guess.  

If you are using Windows 11, we have been made aware that Windows 11 Home has a built-in security called Level S. That function allows the installation and purchase of apps ONLY from Microsoft Store. TurboTax is not in that store. You may be interested in reviewing this next link as some clients tell us this is fixing this issue.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/discussion/re-just-downloaded-turbotax-standard-in...

For Windows 11, I have not found a fix yet. Others updated the Visual C++ libraries, which worked for them

Rob, can you please make sure that you are on Microsoft Edge before you start the download and see if it will then install?