Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stella11
Returning Member

2nd time Return has been lost in one month (puppy dog error message) No response from Customer Service

Last month I was ready to submit my return and kept receiving the message 'Sorry we can't process your return... ' with a puppy dog image. 

After rebooting, clearing the cache, trying a different brower (several times over several days), I called customer service. An hour later and after they suggested I do all of the above again...she said the tech team recommends I delete my tax return and start over from the beginning. I asked if I would still be charged full price after this huge time waster - they offered 10% off (which is still more than last year's price for the same package). She promised the supervisor would call me in 48 hours and that was 10 days ago. 

I started from scratch. I'm halfway done and the same error message with the puppy image has appeared again! Same problem. 

This is a big problem. Turbotax knows that this is an issue but don't know what it is. Is your data safe? 

Does anyone who usually uses Turbotax have a recommendation of a more trusted product? The deadline is approaching. I've used Turbotax for the past 7 years with no problems, so I'm scrambling to find a similar program. Thank you! 

7 Replies

2nd time Return has been lost in one month (puppy dog error message) No response from Customer Service

A callback has been requested. Please expect a call in 24-72 hours.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing TurboTax.

Stella11
Returning Member

Hi there,

I've been waiting for a supervisor call back for over three weeks... 

I can't believe my return has been lost twice. 

Is there a cyber security issue with Turbo Tax? I'm worried after seeing so many others have the same issue but there's no explanation as to why.

Can you respond to that here? 

The deadline is approaching and I'm not sure if I should start again for the third time...

We verified and it shows that you were called on April 3rd and you never answered. Please contact the phone support team.

Stella11
Returning Member

I want to be clear that I was never left a message with a name or a call back number. I receive a dozen spam calls per day and I (like many others) turn my ringer off during.   I've been waiting for the supervisor to call me back for weeks and calling once and not leaving a message is not acceptable. Please have someone email me or call me with a name/call back number. I spent a long time on hold and a long time on the first call. I'd prefer not to have to do that again. I've already lost hours of time preparing two returns that have been lost to the technical issue.  Please address that. I'm not the only one. My last message was taken off the forum. There will be others like me. 

I see a callback was entered on the 24th- therefore you will need to wait for up to 72 hours. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

You're definitely not the only one having problems with this year's version. It's dire compared to previous years! I've been using Turbotax Online since 2017, at least, and this is the first year I've had to restart from scratch due to bugs/glitches.

It was working normally, it seemed, up until I got the same "puppy dog" error page you describe. Since then I've tried restarting my return on a different browser, with freshly cleared cache (which wouldn't make any difference anyway, since that's unique to the browser, but did so anyway to be thorough) and no adblockers or the like, and it just won't accept entries in the business use of home "Other expenses (if applicable)" section... Going to look into what alternatives there are, tomorrow, I think.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a satisfactory resolution is not found, please ask for an escalation so an investigation is done to find an answer.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.