Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenRB

Activation Code Not Working - unable to download Turbotax

Purchased from Costco  "" Deluxe Online Edition"" when we go to download through Turbo Tax Canada it ask's what version we  purchased and from the list  such as Basic or Premium there is no option for Deluxe Online.

We downloaded Basic and our activation code would not work. Downloaded Premium still will not take our code.

What should we download to make our Activation Code for "'Deluxe Online Edition"" be accepted.

Thanks

17 Replies

If you are using TurboTax Online, then there is nothing to download or instal. Go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

molemany

I have re-entered my activation code about 6 times and keep getting the error notice.   Please advise

@molemany 

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2022 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Sue59

I cannot activate Costco Deluxe Online version.  Message is  .... Something's not right, try re-entering your code. 

I have tried a number of times

@Sue59 If you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Bsenghera

I am having the same issues - bought from Costco - followed all steps and it will not accept the Verification code that was in the box, have tried numerous times

Once you go to turbotax.ca/activate and it doesn't activate your code- if you get an error message saying something went wrong- please try completing your return and before you file it will have a payment page- enter your code in there. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I have entered my Activation Code several times and it keeps coming up as not accepted.   I have tried to delet the dashes but keeps putting them back in

@ NormDe1 Is the code you are using for TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?