Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation code not working

I have seen many posts about the activation code not working for the Deluxe Online Edition purchased from Costco. Mine also does not work so I started my return using the link provided. Please reassure me that I can input my code at the end of my return as I do not want to pay twice. I already returned 1 product to Costco and I do not want to return another. Please fix this issue. Thanks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can enter the code in the coupon code box in the payment section. You can go directly there by selecting File > CRA Online Mail from the bottom of the left side menu.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

You can enter the code in the coupon code box in the payment section. You can go directly there by selecting File > CRA Online Mail from the bottom of the left side menu.

Michel80

Activation code for Deluxe online Edition not working. Turbotax online helps not at all helpful Cannot return product to Staples. May have to find another vendor.

What error code did you receive when you tried to activate at turbotax.ca/activate?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Can't remember as I decided to go ahead with your suggestion re using a coupon code at the end but I recall something to the effect of Activation Code Invalid.

I purchased the Deluxe online product twice from Costco and both didn't work so don't bother going there.

Please see our TurboTax FAQ for help with the activation code: 

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I use a prepayment code?

Understanding your TurboTax product license code

Note: License codes are not interchangeable between Online and Desktop/Download, please verify which software you have.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Muggstry

I purchased a Deluxe Online Edition of Turbotax. I previously used the program from a disc over several years but that computer is no longer working. I can get as far as the request to enter my activation code. The code is not accepted. I have tried turning of my safe web software but that did not work. I have been at this a few days and searched all over the Turbotax website. 

Muggstry

Muggstry

Something like there being an error and I should try again.

Muggstry

You mention a CD in the past, can you confirm that the program you are trying to use the code with is our TurboTax Online software or our TurboTax Desktop/Download software? The code from one does not work with the other type of software. Did you buy the software from a retail store?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.