Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ELCS1985

Can't delete amount in Field 32000 on Schedule 11

I initially entered an estimated amount (say $1,000) in field 23 of the T2022 Federal Slip screen.  This amount was then reflected in field 32000 on Schedule 11.  I saved/closed the return and reopened it a few days later to enter the correct amount ($4,500) in field 23 of the T2022 Federal Slips Screen.  Interesting the T2022 Federal Slips Screen was totally blank, no values.  I didn't think much of it.  I input the correct amount $4,500 in field 23 as well as number of months in field 25. 

As I reviewed the return I found that field 32000 on Schedule 11 now contained ($5,500) the intial estimated amount I had entered previously PLUS the correct amount for field 23.   This is INCORRECT, Field 32000 should contain $4,500.  

PROBLEM:

Field 32000 contains $5,500 where as the amounts input on the T2022 Federal Slips Screen is $4,500.  If I delete the $4,500 on the T2022 Federal Slips Screen (NO OTHER VALUES entered on the T2022 Federal Slips Screen) I am still left with Field 32000 containing $1,000.  

I"ve spent 2+ hours with 3 different TurboTax technical support trying to find how I can delete the $1,000 from Field 32000 and no solution.  It seems that the only way to get access to any Senior Technical Support is if you give them system/screen access which I'm not prepared to give and they don't need it.  

It appears there is either a system and/or database problem.  Is this a one of or more wider spread.  The only solution suggested was having to rtart a new return which means I need to ensure I input all of the previous years tax information correctly.  Not keen plus what confidence is there that whatever happened wouldn't impact other returns I prepare.  

3 Replies

On the T2202 entry pop-up, please make sure that all your amounts are entered in Column 1.

ELCS1985

Sorry your response doesn’t deal with / fix the problem. After due diligence I was able to determine when using easy step process and inputting other tuition (non T2202) on a screen prior to getting to the drop down T2202 screen. That amount gets carried to schedule 11 field 32000 but does not show up anywhere else. You CANNOT delete this amount from schedule 11 since it doesn’t show up on the T2202 drop down. 

The only way to delete the value is you HAVE to go through the easy step process again and once you get to the screen where you’d input the value, you can now delete it. 

I would assume from  a process perspective most folks once having completed the easy  step process would then use / access the forms created by turbo tax to review and make any changes rather than having to repeat the laborious process. 

This may be an isolated case however can’t help but wonder if there are other instances fields where this could happen using the easy step process. 

Thank you for your feedback we will try to replicate the issue and if it is a issue we will send it to the appropriate team.