Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abnormal25
Returning Member

Can't Use Netfile -- Form T2205

Everytime I try to Netfile my and my spouse's returns, I keep getting the message "You can't proceed further because one or more of your forms is currently unavailable. Please check back later. For more information, visit FAQ locked forms." I then read that all forms were to be unlocked March 1st. It's now March 3rd. I called TurboTax yesterday (March 2nd). They told me some forms were still locked and to call CRA. I did that. CRA says everything has been released and the problem is TurboTax. I called TT back and was told, the problem was the Ontario staycation tax credit form. Just before that call concluded, the TT person said she had just received a message that everything would be fixed "tomorrow morning" -- March 3rd. Of course, it wasn't fixed. I called TT back and this time they launched an investigation. I just heard back via email stating the problem is now Form T2205 (income from spousal RRSPs, etc.) with a link to the TT message that this form was to be unlocked on March 1st. I have wasted hours on this and don't trust anything TT tells me anymore. Anyone else having problems with this? Solutions?

10 Replies

We are having the same problem it says unlocked March 1. If it’s going to be delayed they need to update the website. I’ve been checking every day as well. 

tmyrick

Same problem for me.  I called the the help desk but they couldn't figure out the problem.  At least it's not just me.  Agreed that turbotax should update their website indicating they are having some problems and the expected resolution date.  Not very good customer service in my opinion.

Has anyone had any luck. I tried again this morning and it says it’s still locked. It says it’s unlocked but it not working. Just wondering if I should try another take program and get my money back. 

Abnormal25
Returning Member

I called them again yesterday. No forms are locked anymore, but the problem persists. Told me to start all over again with new forms. Same old issue. One of the people I talked to indicated there are all kinds of bugs. I honestly think whoever they talk to in the “back office” don’t know and don’t care. They tell us the same basic non-fixes every time. Asked for my money back. All they would give me is a voucher. (No wonder there was a class action suit against TurboTax in the US). I switched yesterday to a competitor, which was rated #1 in one of the articles I read. Input everything again and Netfiled with no issues. The competitor is truly free, although you can give a donation if you want. I had been a TurboTax customer forever. However, I’ll not be returning. 

Thank you very much with the info will try with a competitor.

Form T2205 - Amounts from a Spousal or Common-law Partner RRSP, RRIF or SPP to Include in Income is still locked until March 15th.

Thank you for your patience. 

HMu
Level 1

It's March 15th and this form is still locked.  How much longer do we have to wait for this? I definitely won't be using Turbo Tax next year. The worst part is, I was forced to pay for an upgrade BEFORE being told I couldn't complete my taxes

All forms (Including the T2205) should be unlocked. If you are using TurboTax Online, you may need to clear your cache if you don't see the changes. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

All forms (Including the T2205) should be unlocked. If you are using TurboTax Online, you may need to clear your cache if you don't see the changes. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.