Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create account - The feature you've requested is temporarily unavailable

Unsure if this issue is affecting creating accounts from other of Intuit's products but at least on the TurboTax side, you are currently unable to create a new account as this error pops up every time after entering in all your information to create a new account and clicking "Create Account". 

I've tried this on different PC's, phone's, browsers, and in inCognito/inPrivate mode for the different browsers and on home networks in different cities with different ISP's. Intuit, fix your creating account system so that people can do their taxes please.

13 Replies

Tested and this applies when going through Mint as well. Also tested this on cellular data on an incognito session, same result. I've also tried completely disabling my antivirus, no change either. 

I spoke to a TurboTax rep at [phone number removed] and while she tried to help (claiming it must be on my end as she could create a new account on hers), we didn't make any progress.

To re-iterate, I've tried:

• different browsers (edge, chrome, firefox)
  • clearing my cookies, cache, etc... Chrome was a fresh install when tested
  • incognito/inprivate in each respective browser.
  • different PC's (about 4 of them, all Windows)
  • different networks (as in from different households) to rule out the public IP assigned by the ISP being the issue.
  • different ISP's (the different households tested use different ISP's)
  • disabling my antivirus
  • on a Galaxy S20 (over Wifi and mobile data connections)
  • different account information entered.

So while it's great that the TurboTax rep was able to do it on her end, it seems quite clear the issue is still on the TurboTax side after looking at all of the different things I've tried. Additionally, I was able to create a new account about a week ago with one of the PC's that I've tested.

bump

bump

Happy to hear you were able to have an account created. Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Not sure where you got the idea that I was able to make an account as other than me mentioning I was able to make a new account previously before encountering this error, I didn't mention it anywhere else in this topic?

Looks to still be an issue on the TurboTax side of things as this has yet to be fixed. Tried creating a new account on another Windows 10 PC just now that I have not tested creating an account on yet, still the same error: "The feature you've requested is temporarily unavailable". 

Is this going to be fixed before taxes are due?

Unfortunately, we can't replicate the issue, and (here in community at least) we don't have anyone else with the same problem. You can call our phone support team and ask to have the issue escalated, but it's not certain that there will be a quick resolution.

You may be better off buying TurboTax CD/Download (for Windows) from a 3rd party like Costco or Amazon and using that to prepare your tax returns.

Mike8599

Just FYI this problem has not been resolved.  Tried support a few times, and was on the phone over an hour until the person had to go.  They said it was a priority and I would a call back before the end of day... Did not. 

The issue is stuck on an email and phone number for some reason... not every email and phone number.  If I tried to use my email and a different phone number it would not work.  Or if I used a different email and my phone number it wouldn't work.  But of course if I change both to an imaginary email and phone it worked fine.   Neither phone number or email is in Intuits system I was told.

I asked the rep to try to create the account... they could not.

This is probably why the problem was never solved.... just ignored.

@TurboTaxSusan or @TurboTaxGinette good luck.

Mike8599

BTW also let the service person use GLANCE to view my computer setup and settings and watch.

It's back for 2024 apparently

Capture.PNG