When I completed our tax returns turbotax applied the Canadian worker benefit to me. I make less than $15k per year but my spouse makes >$100k. So we do not qualify for the CWB. Turbotax is telling me I will get a return that is $2150 higher than what I should get. This is a glitch that needs to be fixed.
To let TurboTax CD/Download know that you don’t wish to apply for this credit:
- Click the “Forms” icon in the blue icon bar to switch to Forms Mode.
- Click your name at the bottom left of the page so that the square turns yellow. This means that your return is selected.
- Click the “Forms” icon and search for “can”, then select “Canada Workers Benefit (Schedule 6)” from the list and click on the “OK” button.
- Select “No” next to the question “Are you eligible for the CWB?” (line 38103).
- Click the “Save” icon to save.
- Click the “EasyStep” icon in the blue icon bar to switch back to the EasyStep interview (if needed).
Schedule 6 keeps marking NO for my eligible dependent and it won’t let me go in and check YES from the form. It has yes marked the entire time until I actually get to the question where is asks if I want to apply for CWB. I click yes, and the software glitches and changes my eligible dependent to NO and takes away my CWB credit. Please HELP!