When I completed our tax returns turbotax applied the Canadian worker benefit to me. I make less than $15k per year but my spouse makes >$100k. So we do not qualify for the CWB. Turbotax is telling me I will get a return that is $2150 higher than what I should get. This is a glitch that needs to be fixed.
To let TurboTax CD/Download know that you don’t wish to apply for this credit:
- Click the “Forms” icon in the blue icon bar to switch to Forms Mode.
- Click your name at the bottom left of the page so that the square turns yellow. This means that your return is selected.
- Click the “Forms” icon and search for “can”, then select “Canada Workers Benefit (Schedule 6)” from the list and click on the “OK” button.
- Select “No” next to the question “Are you eligible for the CWB?” (line 38103).
- Click the “Save” icon to save.
- Click the “EasyStep” icon in the blue icon bar to switch back to the EasyStep interview (if needed).
Schedule 6 keeps marking NO for my eligible dependent and it won’t let me go in and check YES from the form. It has yes marked the entire time until I actually get to the question where is asks if I want to apply for CWB. I click yes, and the software glitches and changes my eligible dependent to NO and takes away my CWB credit. Please HELP!
I was having same problem. Was doing my daughters return and kept taking away refund. She actually took it to H &R block and got the refund i had figured. But it looks like with the last update from Turbo Tax it is now working.
To complete the CWB claim or remove it, you can directly go to the claim page by searching for "Canada Workers Benefit". You will need to answer "No" to the claim if you want to remove it.
I hope this was helpful