Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
symonstb

Deluxe Online Edition

I just purchased the Deluxe Online Edition from Walmart and the activation code will not work.  Can anyone help?

6 Replies

Deluxe Online Edition

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

Jobin

Deluxe Online Edition

Having trouble with the activation code. Purchased Deluxe online edition through Staples. Never had issues in the past. 

Turned firewall off . That didn't work.

Help

Deluxe Online Edition

Please clear your cache, restart your computer and try a different browser also if needed.

If this doesn't help could you confirm that you are using our TurboTax Online software and not the TurboTax Desktop/Download software? Which Windows are you using?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

papanorm
Returning Member

Deluxe Online Edition

i purchased this from costco and have entered the 16 digit number but it does not work what do i do

Deluxe Online Edition

@papanorm 

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code? Please note that you can only use the code once in one account. Using the code again will give an error message.

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

symonstb

Deluxe Online Edition

Go to TurboTax.intuit.ca and click on to do your own taxes.  Scroll down to bottom and it click on activate and it should work.  They should be giving buyers an alternate way to activate their purchase on the instructions enclosed.  Told them already it would go well to improving customer service.