Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_61
Returning Member

Dividend error - help please, cant Netfile for Quebec

I am not sure if you are having the same issue as others like me, but I found that downloading the T3/RL16 from CRA caused a DUPLICATE form to be created that combined the data from all the separate forms but somehow did not have some of the taxable dividend on it. So after checking carefully against my T3/RL16 paper receipts, I found the duplicate form (the one that had totals of all other forms in some of the fields), and deleted that DUPLICATE. Was able to Netfile QC with no more error.

kas73
Returning Member

Any resolution to this problem?  I was able to submit my federal with no issues, so info entered should be correct for the provincial.  Please provide a solution to this problem

Thank you. I will try your solution this weekend 

I can see how that happened. But I am no still upset that Turbo Tax did not repair it. That problem has been going on for a number of years. I wasted so much time trying to figure out the problem over the last few years. 

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am very disappointed that TurboTax had the same error for a number of years and did nothing about it. I have wasted so much time on the phone with them and they still haven't fixed problem.  I don't have confidence in them and will probably be switching to another provider

There may be a bug with the Quebec download since this is done separately

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

lamo62

I am also getting the same error again this year (had it last year as well!).

The issue is with the import of slips for the QC portion. I will again need to go through ALL imported slips to find the incorrect entry and manually fix it. This completely defeats one of the main benefits of using this software!!!

I don't know if Intuit has solved the problem. The hours I spent trying to figure out how to resolve it were not worth the pain of entering it manually. I am appalled that Intuit brushed it off so easily, and following their suggestions was not helpful. 

They will not admit to having deficient software. Why should they? Doing so would expose them to liabilities.

They may have fixed the problem in their web version, but I will not use it because I don't want them to have access to my personal information. They had a data breach a few years back. I used their PC downloadable version instead. Besides, I do the taxes for my entire family. The web version would have cost me about five times as much, and for all that extra money I would have to spend, I get the privilege of supporting a non-responsive company while also putting my financial information at risk of being stolen.

Can you please open and update your software, and make sure everything is entered correctly and try again to see if you have this error message?